We managed to put together this compilation of the best back braces for sciatica.
Did you know that millions of Americans and others across the world suffer from sciatica which in most cases they assume is just the common back pain.
It is true that those who live a more sedentary life tend to be the most susceptible.
It is also true that with the right self care, you should be able to get sciatic pain relief in under 12 weeks.
A back brace is one device you will need for sciatic nerve pains. Strapping a back brace really helps with back pain relief and some well designed braces also correct your back posture.
We put together a couple of factors you should consider before purchasing a back brace for yourself or loved ones.
- 1 Top 6 Best Back Braces for Sciatica
- 2 Buying Guide for Back Brace For Sciatica
- 3 Wrapping Up
Top 6 Best Back Braces for Sciatica
Here are detailed reviews of some of the best back braces in the market.
We put this shortlist together based on the features outlined above, personal experiences and customer reviews.
#1: Mueller 255 Lumbar Support Back Brace
If you are looking for a sturdy yet comfortable product, the Mueller 255 Lumbar support back brace will work for you.
If you are into gardening, outdoor activities and even long distance driving, this back brace should help with your disks. It really does help with support, sciatic pain relief as well as recovery.
This is a well made premium back brace without the premium price tag. It is affordable.
#2: BULESK Back Support Belt, Lumbar Support Belt
If you are looking for a product that relieves your back pain while at the same time corrects your back posture, the Bulesk back support belt is it.
This belt is made of high grade polyester. It is soft, comfortable, elastic, stretches well and sticks well when fitted, It will not roll up when you are walking, running or even picking something as you bend. It is lightweight and packs easily if you need to travel with it.
If you exercise a lot or are often lifting heavy things, this back brace will work well for you.
#3: Bodymate Compression Wrap For Sciatica Nerve Pain Relief
If you are recovering from sciatica, hip, groin, quad or hamstring injury, consider the Bodymate compression wrap as if offers complete support. It is easy to strap on and off. Lightweight too.
This belt is made up of breathable neoprene that is designed to keep you cool and comfortable under all circumstances.
It is made with adjustable support so it can act as universal size. Its a strong brace that remains where it is fitted.
#4: Roxofit Groin Support Back Brace
If you are looking for a back brace that improves your mobility while decreasing the tension in your muscles, the Roxofit Support back brace is a good choice. It is well constructed.
Are you a heavy lifter, runner, biker? This brace has the anti-slip design that prevents the wrap from slipping or sliding down while you perform any kind of vigorous physical activity.
This brace is ideal for sciatic nerve pain relief, hip, hamstring, pulled quad and other leg muscle injuries. Works well for either gender.
Quick and easy to strap on. Can be worn on both the right and left leg, both over and under clothes. It is lightweight and fits a wide waist size range.
#5: ComfyMed Premium Quality Back Brace
If you are looking for a back brace that does not restrict your everyday movements, the ComfyMed back brace should be your choice.
It is ideal for those who enjoy golfing, gardening, fishing, heavy lifting and other strenuous activities.
Its a strong, warm. therapeutic back brace with a removable lumbar pad. Has adjustable double pull compression for a tighter grip. Easily washable.
#6: AidBrace Back Brace Support Belt
Most back braces are made of material that do not absorb sweat. Not the AidBrace Back Brace Support Belt. Its unique breathable vented mesh in the straps helps pass air easily.
Aidbrace had another back brace in the market, this is an improved version.
The best thing about this brace is the unique removable cushioned lumbar pad which is there for providing additional support.
The belt has a curved side which is especially designed for providing less pressure and better comfort in the abdominal areas.
This back brace is made up of industrial durable and premium material for better longevity.
Buying Guide for Back Brace For Sciatica
The many different back braces brand have different feature that are common while others are unique. These are the features you should consider:
- Comfort: It’s a fact that most people wear these back braces and belts throughout the day. Then definitely is should be a brace that you are comfortable in and allows you to carry on with your daily activities with little or no limitations. We are all different in shape and size. Look for something that is in your size. Not too small or too large for your waist especially. For great lumbar support, the perfect size is ideal and recommended.
- Good Quality Material: Different back braces are made of different material. A good brace or belt is one that is made from elastic material that allows for ventilation. The brace or belt should also be made of washable material. Many people do get at least two back brace such that if you just washed one, you still have another to wear.
- Adjustability: Most pregnant ladies experience brutal back pain. My sister got a back brace while she was pregnant that she continued to use post delivery. The adjustable straps provided good tension and pressure during the pregnancy and even after she lost the pregnancy weight.
- Anti-Slip Technology: If you are looking for the best brace for sciatica that you can wear while biking, running. working out or doing daily activities around the home or at work, then you must look for this important feature. Anti-slip design helps the belt to keep the belt right in the exact place where it was fitted. Such that as you work out, bike, jog, walk or any other physical activity, it will not slip or slide to a different position.
- Removal Pad: You can look for this option if you want. This is a good option that provides better convenience to the people where they can remove the pad if needed. When buying this brace you can look for this option as often removing the pad can be comfortable. Even if you want to wash the belt then removing the pad will be a good option.
- Complete support: Another thing that you must look for this the support of your back brace. When you are wearing the belt it must provide you great support. There are also many belts which provides groin, thighs and quad-hamstring support beside the lumbar support. If you experience pain in your groin and thighs as is common with sciatica, then you must look for a back brace that offers complete support.
So, these are the top 6 best brace for sciatica for both men and women. If you are looking for one then you must consider buying among these back brace. Also, make sure to refer to the buying guide to make sure you are choosing the best one. All those factors are very important to consider to ensure that you are getting the best one. Never compromise with the quality and important features to get a cheaper brace for your lumbar support.